The G-FINDER project tracks and reports on global investments into research and development (R&D) for neglected diseases.
G-FINDER is a uniquely informative data source, providing policy-makers, donors, researchers and industry with an understanding of the landscape for neglected disease R&D, where funding gaps exist, and how their investments fit into the global picture:
- in 33 neglected diseases;
- across 142 product areas for these diseases including drugs, vaccines, diagnostics, microbicides and vector control products; and
- in platform technologies (e.g. adjuvants, delivery technologies, diagnostic platforms)
The data includes all types of product-related R&D, including basic research, discovery and pre-clinical, clinical development, Phase IV and pharmacovigilance studies, and baseline epidemiological studies.
Funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation since inception, the G-FINDER project was originally hosted at The George Institute for International Health and then run by Policy Cures from 2010. Following the establishment of Policy Cures Research (PCR) as a separate organisations in 2016, the G-FINDER project is conducted by Policy Cures Research.
G-FINDER (public search tool)
The G-FINDER Public Search tool provides access to G-FINDER survey data. The Public Search Tool is updated annually and search results can be exported into Microsoft Excel for flexible data analysis.
Policy Cures Research G-FINDER Reports
G-FINDER 2017 Neglected Disease Research and Development: Reflecting on a decade of global investment
The tenth G-FINDER report was launched Wednesday 13 December 2017, in London, UK
- Executive summary
- Findings – Neglected disease funding by disease
- Findings – Neglected disease funders
- Findings – Neglected disease funding flows
- Launch presentation
G-FINDER 2016 Neglected Disease Research and Development: A Pivotal Moment in Global Health
The ninth G-FINDER report was launched on 16 February 2017, in Brussels, Belgium
– Executive summary
– Findings – Neglected disease funding by disease
– Findings – Neglected disease funders
– Findings – Neglected disease funding flows
– Findings – Ebola and other African VHFs
– Online Annexe A – Additional methodological considerations
– Online Annexe B – Summary of R&D reference document
– G-FINDER 2016 Launch Presentation (Dr Nick Chapman)
Reports from our previous organisation
For older G-FINDER reports and associated publications produced prior to the separation of Policy Cures Research and Policy Cures into two organisations, please see: www.policycures.org/g-finder.html